AW: [iPad] VERY OT: pet question/Kris

 

The point is, Jim, there is a pretty big difference—to me, anyway--between” visiting” someone to see if you think they live the way you want your pup to live and “inspecting” their homes.  I have been visited by several breeders, but don’t think I have ever been “inspected” by anybody.  I have also visited prospective buyers but never inspected them, either.  If you don’t see a difference, then I wonder why the words “visit” and “inspect” both exist and have completely different connotations.  When I visited the breeders of my first Burmese, I was not impressed at all with their living conditions and when I called them a few days after buying their kitten to tell them that she had ringworm, I wasn’t real thrilled with their reaction, either, and yet that kitten ended up being the most wonderful cat I have ever owned in every respect.

 

The photos you attached are beautiful!  By the way, I was once visited by a woman who had three borzois with her, and they almost filled up the whole room!  It was hilarious!  They were also beautiful dogs, like the ones whose photo you sent.  The collie, by the way, is just gorgeous!

 

Carlee 

 

Von: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von Jim Saklad
Gesendet: Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2012 18:54
An: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: Re: [iPad] VERY OT: pet question/Kris

 

I'm not into inspecting people's homes, either, I must say.  Nor do I appreciate them inspecting mine.

 

I have absolutely no problem with people who don't want to have my wife and/or me visit and check out their homes. It's just that those folks aren't ever going to receive a dog from us.



Some days later the doorbell rang and a man from the animal protection agency was here.  He said he had gotten "a tip," and was here to inspect our animals.

 

Have you ever seen a "show-quality" Borzoi?

We had a friend in northern Virginia who was doing the dishes one summer afternoon when the doorbell rang. The door itself was wide open, with just the screen door shut. 

 

She called out "Just a minute!", finished the dis she was washing, dried her hands, and went to the door. Her big (tall) male Borzoi was already at the door. And outside, there was a guy almost rolling on the ground in laughter.

 

He was from the humane society, or some such, and was responding to an anonymous call stating that my friend was "starving her collie".

 

Collie:

 

Borzoi:

 

 

-- 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Jim Saklad                                        mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com

 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (134)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___