AW: [iPad] Re: VERY OT: pet question/Kris

 

I'm glad I'm not the only one to make this difference! Thanks for the link,
Pete. What beautiful Beagles! That's another breed that I like a lot.

Carlee

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von
petefromflorida
Gesendet: Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2012 20:05
An: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: [iPad] Re: VERY OT: pet question/Kris

The breeder that I bought my dog from wanted me to visit them before they
would take an order. I think they just wanted to see what kind of person I
was and how I interacted with their dogs. I never felt like they were
inspecting me. What a wonderful kennel and fantastic kennel owners. Those
dogs have it made. Here's a link.
http://www.lokavi.com/
Those pictures of the dogs in the grass, that's the kennel, that's where
they are every day and the pups have plenty of play toys. They had a 4-5
month waiting list for their pups.
Pete

--- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, "Carlee Marrer-Tising" <c-marrer-tising@...>
wrote:
>
> The point is, Jim, there is a pretty big difference-to me,
anyway--between"
> visiting" someone to see if you think they live the way you want your
> pup to live and "inspecting" their homes. I have been visited by
> several breeders, but don't think I have ever been "inspected" by
> anybody. I have also visited prospective buyers but never inspected
> them, either. If you don't see a difference, then I wonder why the
> words "visit" and "inspect" both exist and have completely different
> connotations. When I visited the breeders of my first Burmese, I was
> not impressed at all with their living conditions and when I called
> them a few days after buying their kitten to tell them that she had
> ringworm, I wasn't real thrilled with their reaction, either, and yet
> that kitten ended up being the most wonderful cat I have ever owned in
every respect.
>
>
>
> The photos you attached are beautiful! By the way, I was once visited
> by a woman who had three borzois with her, and they almost filled up
> the whole room! It was hilarious! They were also beautiful dogs,
> like the ones whose photo you sent. The collie, by the way, is just
gorgeous!
>
>
>
> Carlee
>
>
>
> Von: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von
> Jim Saklad
> Gesendet: Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2012 18:54
> An: iPad@yahoogroups.com
> Betreff: Re: [iPad] VERY OT: pet question/Kris
>
>
>
> I'm not into inspecting people's homes, either, I must say. Nor do I
> appreciate them inspecting mine.
>
>
>
> I have absolutely no problem with people who don't want to have my
> wife and/or me visit and check out their homes. It's just that those
> folks aren't ever going to receive a dog from us.
>
>
>
>
>
> Some days later the doorbell rang and a man from the animal protection
> agency was here. He said he had gotten "a tip," and was here to
> inspect our animals.
>
>
>
> Have you ever seen a "show-quality" Borzoi?
>
> We had a friend in northern Virginia who was doing the dishes one
> summer afternoon when the doorbell rang. The door itself was wide
> open, with just the screen door shut.
>
>
>
> She called out "Just a minute!", finished the dis she was washing,
> dried her hands, and went to the door. Her big (tall) male Borzoi was
> already at the door. And outside, there was a guy almost rolling on the
ground in laughter.
>
>
>
> He was from the humane society, or some such, and was responding to an
> anonymous call stating that my friend was "starving her collie".
>
>
>
> Collie:
>
>
>
>
>
> Borzoi:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@...
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (141)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___