Re: [iPad] Copy iPad 2 content to iPad 4

 

You can sync all of your devices to the same computer & iTunes will keep the data separate for each as you might choose.  I have five iOS devices that I sync to my iMac & each of them contains different data.


On Jul 31, 2013, at 12:19 PM, C. S. <cs88@hotmail.com> wrote:

 

Thanks for the help, I have an iPod and an iPhone 4S but want to keep them separate I use iPod and iPhone for music and audiobooks and the iPad for mags, ebooks and tv shows. Therefore I sync them on different PCs, which is a little complicated I know . I am an academic so use iPad for a lot of text ebooks as well, regards Chris

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 1, 2013, at 1:30 AM, "petefromflorida" <petefromflorida@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds like an all day job. My iPhone is my secondary backup since I sync it and my iPad on the same day every month.
> Pete
>
>
>
> --- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, "bj" <bjones44@...> wrote:
>>
>> Aside from what the others have said --
>>
>> this would be a good time to be sure that everything you want/have on your
>> iPad is *also* on your computer. And that your iTunes library is backed up.
>> Just In Case!
>>
>> Aside from a normal syncing of the iPad2, which includes a backup, I'd do an
>> extra backup for insurance (you can backup w/o syncing). I'd even copy the
>> backup file to somewhere-else.
>>
>> After setting up the new iPad, you can erase the old, or reset the old to
>> factory-fresh. Actually, before I do that I delete items from the device
>> (either in chunks or one-by-one) and double-triple-check as I go that they
>> are on my computer. (I have things on my devices acquired from a number of
>> sources in different ways.)
>>
>> Yeah, I know I sound obsessive but my computer life got disaster-prone a few
>> years ago; I didn't lose much of anything then but I got even more
>> compulsive about backups and spares. :-)
>> bj
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Pat Taylor
>> Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:36 AM
>> To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
>> Subject: Re: [iPad] Copy iPad 2 content to iPad 4
>>
>>
>> Back up your iPad2 to either iTunes on your computer or to iCloud. When you
>> access the set up screens on the iPad4, you will be asked if you want to set
>> it up as new or restore it from the backup of the old unit. Once you are
>> satisfied with the data on the new iPad, you can tap
>> Setting>General>Reset>Erase All Content & Settings on the iPad2 which will
>> then be like a new unit.
>>
>>
>> On Jul 30, 2013, at 11:51 AM, C. S. <cs88@...> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Group, I have an iPad 2 (64gb) and want to copy all the content to a
>> new iPad 4 (128gb), do I some how back up the iPad 2 and then plug the 4 in
>> and it will sync? It has been update to latest software ios. Once this is
>> done i want to be able delete everything from the ipad 2 to possibly sell or
>> pass on to some family. Do i just restore it to its original setting? Any
>> help appreciated, regards Chris (Australia)
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (29)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___