Re: [iPad] Email font/accessibility

 

This is one of the oddest things yet that I've encountered.  I have some of my Apple devices in English and some in German.  I just now checked something about "accessibility," something I didn't remember seeing in the German-lang. devices, and guess what:  there isn't such a category!  The information is in completely different order and in a different place!  I wonder why. 
 
When I first learned how to work a computer, I had one that was completely in German, and my "teachers" were also German speakers.  Some years later a friend of mine in the States needed help with her computer program, and I was surprised how odd some of the translations were for some of the things.  In the beginning I had a heck of a time figuring out what was what, but gradually I got it.  I still never cease to be surprised by some of the translations of some of the things.  Just to give you an idea:  "My Computer" on a PC is "Control Panel."   "Tools" is "Extras," and so on. 
 
Anybody who has had any experience with the way movie titles are "translated" will know just what I'm talking about!   
 
 
 
  /\__/\_____
 (=-.-=),,__,,_)~~~~
 
 
   /\„,„/\
  ( =';'= )
  /*♡♡*\
  (.|.|..|.|.)
 
-------Original Message-------
 
Date: 29.09.2013 04:10:21
Subject: Re: [iPad] Email font
 
>>> Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Large Text
>>> Pete
>
>> Also try Settings>General>Accessibility>Bold which will darken the text in your emails.
>
> Do not have Accessibility anywhere!
> denise
 
Just to be clear:
You are looking at Settings / General on a iPad running iOS 7, and the sixth item on that page, after About, Software Update, Siri (if your iPad is recent enough), Spotlight Search, and Text Size, is NOT "Accessibility"?
 
--
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Jim Saklad                                        mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com
 
 
 
------------------------------------
 
Yahoo! Groups Links
 
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
 
<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional
 
<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)
 
<*> To change settings via email:
 
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___