Re: [iPad] Carbon footprint: paper vs cloud (Was Re: Too many printer apps available... which to choose?)

 

Habits?
Keeping & using equipment that works -- and isn't that old -- is just plain
sensible if you have no reason, need, or just-plain-yen to replace it.
(AFAIC a yen, if you can afford to indulge it & care enough to take the
trouble to shop & setup, is plenty enough reason to get a newer model.)

Keeping a wired phone for emergencies in power-outages is just plain good
backup planning. Doesn't mean I don't also have & use more modern equipment,
just that I don't depend on things that I *know* can fail under conditions
that I *know* can and do happen often enough to plan for.
bj

-----Original Message-----
From: pabitra saha
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:09 AM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] Carbon footprint: paper vs cloud (Was Re: Too many
printer apps available... which to choose?)

Yes. Habits dies hard. Equipement continues to work till its costs go beyond
benefits. Rituals are followed till some one questions them.
Life follows Newtons law of motion i.e; an object moves and continues to
move till an external force forces a change.

best
PKS

From: bj <bjones44@verizon.net>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, 28 September 2011, 22:36
Subject: Re: [iPad] Carbon footprint: paper vs cloud (Was Re: Too many
printer apps available... which to choose?)

I'm still using wired printers & expect to do so for several years to
come -- at least until my toner cartridges run out or the printers
themselves go bust.

I also have a <gasp!> wired phone. Very useful to call the power company to
say "my power's out" & the cordless doesn't work. (I'll miss POTS if & when
I change to FiOS. I can't remember *ever* losing phone service, certainly
not due to power outage problems, except for once when the phone-wire itself
was cut -- by accident during some construction.)
bj

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___