[iPad] Re: Facebook and iOS

 

Not sure Facebook is breaking any laws. Everything people hate about FB is easily controlled. All they need to do is delete their account. Better yet, avoid posting personal stuff on FB. Facebook can be a great asset but one really needs to use a little thought.

--- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, Devitt <devittad@...> wrote:
>
> A couple of days ago I read a news report that Facebook is tracking (or gearing up to track) its members web activity. I mean ALL activity, not just Facebook related. Having spent all my career in marketing, I can see where being able to sell that kind of information to advertisers could raise huge revenues. It is also an incredible invasion of privacy which gives me the creeps, big time. Sounds very "Big Brother."
>
> Does anyone know any details about this claim? Is it true? Bogus? Somewhere in-between? I currenty use Facebook through the Friendly app and keep my personal information private. Is there some way they could be tracking my web use even when Friendly is closed?
>
> This sounds nuts and maybe even illegal to me. But I'm not tekkie enough to know whether it's possible.
>
> Cathy

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___