RE: [iPad] 3g data plans?

 

When first shopping for my iPad2 I asked the local Eugene, Oregon Apple store manager why they had  plenty of Verizon models but that the ATT models were selling out quickly.   The manager told me that we have a lot of foreign students at the University of Oregon and that unlike the Verizon model,  the ATT  ( GSM ) model was usable in much of Europe and elsewhere .  I assume then,  that to be true.  Whether or not jailbreaking is required to use GSM models on other than ATT systems is not clear.

 

 

Ed

 

 

From: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mary davidson
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 6:03 AM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] 3g data plans?

 

 

I do know that an AT & T iPhone can be used with other GSM phone companies because my brother in law does it so it might be possible with an AT & T iPad.

On Sep 28, 2011, at 1:32 PM, David H. Bailey wrote:

_,___

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___