Re: [iPad] Re: I am considering a new router. Anyone have a suggestion?

 

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Celeste Suliin Burris <csburris@earthlink.net> wrote:
I have a D-Link router at home, because I have a pile of different OS's running (Windows, Mac, Tivo, iOS). I like the D-Link because it works well in a mixed environment and you can do some fancy stuff like reserve IP addresses (my Tivo doesn't like bouncing from one IP Address to another).

I got it from BestBuy - I just looked it up. It is a D-Link - Xtreme N Wireless-N Gigabit Router and costs $119. My Rewards certificate paid for about half.

I second this recommendation.  It's the D-Link DIR-655 Extreme N Gigabit Wireless Router (Link to Amazon for $79).  I love the thing and it's been great for my 2 Macs, 4  PCs, 2 TiVos, 2 XBox 360s, Roku, iPad, iPhones, Blu-Ray player.   Lots (too many) devices, but the router works great, and as Celeste mentioned, it's very flexible and feature-rich for those that want to customize functionality.

Jim H.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___