Re: [iPad] Is This The iPad Group..?/talking on a cell phone or dictating to an iPad/Borg

 

Coca Cola, when first made was "medicinal"...The name is an indication of the "medicine" it contained.

 

(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ (¸.·¨¯`Sharon H.  - Proud Atlantan
http://akakery.blogspot.com/
www.facebook.com/cyntsationalproductions


 

 


From: Ed <huckleberryed@gmail.com>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 8:19 PM
Subject: RE: [iPad] Is This The iPad Group..?/talking on a cell phone or dictating to an iPad/Borg



 
Yes, I was aware of the opiod usage by many in other countries, but don't recall any significant use by Americans.   And yes,  I was aware of the nightmare of back alley abortions...... another reason that pre-marital sex in teenagers was not as common as today.
 
Ed
 
 
From: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Julia Mavity-Hudson
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 4:56 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [iPad] Is This The iPad Group..?/talking on a cell phone or dictating to an iPad/Borg
 
 
He was a young man in the  1910-1920s. I think they had a lot of the same things we have now. Cocaine for sure, don't know what else. Heck have you heard the song la cucaracha- that is about a general (or his car, the cockroach) who  couldn't carry on without marijuana, and is from a Mexican war a long time ago, I don't know which one. There were plenty of illegal abortions including one of my relatives back then about 1918 who died during one. We grew up being told she died of typhoid but her twin sister told me the truth before she died.
On Aug 31, 2012 6:35 PM, "Ed" <huckleberryed@gmail.com> wrote:
 
 
What did they have for drugs in the 1880s?   I don't even thing Marijuana was popular while I was in school in the 50's ….  And even early 60s where I lived.  …. And sex didn't happen as often as now, by any study I've seen.  There was little control available for pregnancy and getting pregnant was a BIG deal back then.
 
Ed
 
 
From: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Julia Mavity-Hudson
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 3:39 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [iPad] Is This The iPad Group..?/talking on a cell phone or dictating to an iPad/Borg
 
 
My grandfather said there was plenty of sex and drugs when he was young, they just didn't talk about it. He was born in the 1880s.
On Aug 31, 2012 4:54 PM, "Ed" <huckleberryed@gmail.com> wrote:
 
 
What change to make kids less trustworthy?    I could name a few ….. the exposure to sex is far more insidious now,  with schools and government pushing condom use… and outright providing it…. Sex has become desirable rather than postponable.   Drugs are the biggie… they were practically non-existent when I was a kid.  It leads to so many other problems I can't even begin to list here.  Parenting has also plummeted…. When I was kid one parent was usually at home.  In recent decades this is quite the rarity.  
 
Ed
 
 
From: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Alice
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 2:13 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] Is This The iPad Group..?/talking on a cell phone or dictating to an iPad/Borg
 
 
When parents talk about GPS in their kids phones or monitoring where their kids are by other means, I always wonder what did their kid(s) do to make the parents not trust them in the first place.  As teens, I think kids should have some privacy.  It all depends on how old and mature the kid is as to how much privacy.  If a kid wants to keep a diary/journal, I don't think a parent should read it. 
 \
  \ /\
  ( )       Alice
.(  ). Little White Rabbit
On 8/29/12 11:14 PM, Just Murray wrote:
 
I'm pretty certain they are super tiny now. I liked having the gps in my daughters phone. Until she realized to leave it at her friends house when she went to party! (she's admitted it. She's 19 now)

~KM
--
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

(^= I rocked this email on my iPad2 =^)
---

On Aug 29, 2012, at 10:27 PM, whiterabbit <whiterabbit32@gmail.com> wrote:

> Which means, as seen with computers, the GPS chips can be made smaller and smaller as technology gets more advanced
 




__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___