Re: [iPad] Is This The iPad Group..?/talking on a cell phone or dictating to an iPad/Borg

 

Ed. IMO. Ymmv. It's sentient being rights. Not human rights. Again ymmv

~KLM
\,,/ 01001100 01001111 01001100 \,,/

On Aug 30, 2012, at 9:47 AM, "Ed" <huckleberryed@gmail.com> wrote:

 

 

Carlee,  I was responding to Alice's comments regarding the difference between chipping a human and chipping an animal.   But yes,  my comments do extend beyond that subject to the general category of  "Animal Rights".   I'm all for certain basic animal rights,  ( such as the right not to be abused ),  but some people tend to want to attribute all human rights to animals,  which is going too far in my view.

 

Ed

 

From: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Carlee Marrer-Tising
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 6:03 AM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: AW: [iPad] Is This The iPad Group..?/talking on a cell phone or dictating to an iPad/Borg

 

 

I don't see why it's a problem, Ed, just a different perspective.  As to the category not being the same, it all depends on what you mean by category. 

 

Regarding the chips, I wouldn't put a chip in my cats' heads, either!  I would put an ID chip under their skin, though, (and have been required to do so).  And since my uncle, who had Alzheimer's, got lost more than once and called his wife in tears, wanting her to come get him (but she couldn't, since he couldn't tell her where he was), I even think a GPS chip of some kind might be a life saver for some people.  You have to differentiate, though.  What kind of chip is being used and what is it for, that is the question!  

 

Carlee 

 

Von: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von Ed
Gesendet: Donners
tag, 30. August 2012 03:29
An: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: RE: [iPad] Is This The iPad Group..?/talking on a cell phone or dictating to an iPad/Borg

 





 

Personally,  I do not consider animals in the same category as humans.  I know many people do;  that is a problem.

 

Ed   in Oregon

 

 

From: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Alice

 

What I don't understand is why would a chip in a person's head freak a person out when they'd chip their animal?





__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___