Re: [iPad] Is This The iPad Group..?/talking on a cell phone or dictating to an iPad/Borg

My Dad had another form of senile dementia ( multi infarct dementia) but with similar problems and it broke my mother's health taking care of him. I ended up with a strong commitment to let people know that no one person can take care of someone with alzheimer's or other severe dementia. People feel guilty when they shouldn't. When my mother finally moved my father from their shared apartment in a retirement village to the "health center" my dad was actually happier as he felt much more secure and my Mother visited most of the day but had relief from the 24 hour a day demands.
Mary D

On Aug 31, 2012, at 5:15 AM, Carlee Marrer-Tising <c-marrer-tising@bluewin.ch> wrote:

Sorry you had to go through all that sadness, Kris! Yes, Alzheimer's is a terrible, terrible thing, all right. I can imagine you also have a lot of lovely memories of your grandparents, and that's wonderful that you got off your meth addiction by moving in with them. I can imagine you brought them a lot of pleasure, too.

Carlee

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von Just Murray
Gesendet: Freitag, 31. August 2012 11:00
An: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: Re: AW: [iPad] Is This The iPad Group..?/talking on a cell phone or dictating to an iPad/Borg

My grandparents were my parents. I watched grandpa get Alzheimer's. I'll always remember him asking me to fill out his check cuz he didn't know what year it was. I was living with them. I had got off my meth addiction by moving there. We were helping each other. I could only do 9 months of Alzheimer's. It tore me me. My heart goes out to those who deal with that. It's rough. Insidious disease. He was 72. Gramma passed at 68. I'm 40. Genetics frighten me. It's late. Sorry to vent. Delete at will.

~KLM
\,,/ 01001100 01001111 01001100 \,,/

On Aug 30, 2012, at 6:02 AM, "Carlee Marrer-Tising" <c-marrer-tising@bluewin.ch> wrote:

> who had Alzheimer's


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links





------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links






------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iPad/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iPad/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
iPad-digest@yahoogroups.com
iPad-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
iPad-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/