Re: AW: AW: [iPad] Is This The iPad Group..?/talking on a cell phone or dictating to an iPad/Borg/Nonie

 

I would go to the vet.

E in Long Beach
Sent from my iPad2
 /\__/\_____
(=-.-=),,__,,_)~~~~


On Aug 29, 2012, at 1:13 PM, twenty pearls <akaivyleaf@yahoo.com> wrote:

 

Migrating chips is a concern of mine....  I do have a question about that, but this probably isn't the right forum for the question but what the hay....

I have a dog (Maltese), she was chipped when I purchased her as a puppy.  I've never known her not to have a chip and at 6 years old, haven't experienced any health concerns surrounding the chip that I'm aware of.  But, when she was much younger, I could feel her chip.   Now, I don't feel it at all, which leads me to believe its moved which has given me pause on more than one occasion.  She is the same svelte 6 pounds she's been her adult life so I can't say that weight gain is preventing me from feeling it.  She is sporting her summer "puppy cut" so she is less hairy than usual which tends to make me think I should be able to feel it better.  Since this discussion, I went on an earnest effort not to long ago to actually feel for it and have been unable to.

So where did it migrate to I wonder?  Is this something I should inquire with her vet about or I shouldn't worry.  If this post hadn't come up, I would be in the "ignorance is bliss" phase about it.  Comfortably in that phase, I can't recall feeling it for quite some time...

 

(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·¨) ¸.·¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ (¸.·¨¯`Sharon H. 

 

 


From: Carlee Marrer-Tising <c-marrer-tising@bluewin.ch>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 2:54 PM
Subject: AW: AW: [iPad] Is This The iPad Group..?/talking on a cell phone or dictating to an iPad/Borg/Nonie



Thanks for the reply, Nonie.  My cats have been chipped because I show them not only in Switzerland, but also in Germany, Austria, and Italy,  and dogs, cats, and ferrets that cross the borders here in Europe HAVE to be chipped.  Luckily, I haven't had any migrating or other issues, but I don't like it when I pet one of my naked cats and feel that chip under their skin!  UGH!!  I do feel that the chips are very useful, because, as a few people have said, if one of my cats goes missing, the chances of my getting him or her back are much greater with the chip.  A couple of years ago a cat managed to escape from the World Cat Show hall in St. Gall, and her owner got her back a month later thanks to the chip.  The cat had apparently been roaming around in the city all that time. 
 
Carlee 
Von: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von Nonie Masterson
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 29. August 2012 20:06
An: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: Re: AW: [iPad] Is This The iPad Group..?/talking on a cell phone or dictating to an iPad/Borg/Nonie
 



Hi Carlee,
 
I have not had any animals that were chipped. I know other people who have had them migrate and have to be surgically removed.(2)  I won't bother saying anything else, so not to be accused of listening to fox news(yuck) or talk radio(disgusting).
 
Nonie




__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___