[iPad] iMessage Troubleshooting

 

I have a friend that I tried to iMessage with - she is on the current
iPhone and iOS is 5.1.
She says her iMessage settings are turned on and she gave me the
current phone number.
I canNOT iMessage her - I have tried several days and we have emailed
back and forth and cannot figure out why.
I am on a new iPad 2 and my iOS is 5.1

She can iMessage me and then we can text back and forth.
But I cannot initiate the messaging.

When I put her name into the "to" box, I get a red apostrophe and a
message that says she is not set up to iMessage - yet when I asked her
to check her settings - she says she is turned on; that I have the
correct phone number; that her iOS is up to date and she and I are
both connected to WiFi or phone data.

I have another friend with the current iPhone and I have no problem
messaging her whether she is on her phone data plan or on WiFi.

I am connected to WiFi when I am iMessaging both friends.

Does anyone have any idea why I cannot initiate messaging my one friend.

(I could not connect with FaceTime either - but we have not tried that
as often or as much - so there may be some unanswered things with that
- but I thought we checked all other possible problems with the
iMessage)

Thanks for any insight.

leslie

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___