Re: [iPad] Numbers scrolling

 

I seem to manage by scrolling with one finger. Just don't let it pause on a cell. Make contact with the screen with the finger already moving, and bring it up off the screen before stopping moving.

If I inadvertently select a cell, I tap someplace off the edge of the spreadsheet to de-select it.

Yes, this is what I've been doing -- though I hadn't stumbled on to the "don't let it pause" part.  Maybe that will let me do a better job (if I can manage to be dexterous enough – ah, aged hands!).

As for moving off the edge, I do that too.  But remember, these are relatively large spreadsheets. The edge might be ten or more pages away…

I just checked with my "large" sheet (300-some rows, several screens of columns). I find that I "deselect" by tapping in the "Table Name" row at the top (I have header rows and columns frozen). It may still be a cell, but it's a pretty safe cell.

-- 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Jim Saklad                                           mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!


.

__,_._,___