[iPad] Numbers scrolling

 

This perhaps isn't the best place to ask this question but I haven't been able to find any site where I feel I'd get a usable answer.  Maybe someone here knows or can tell me a good place to ask.


This has to do with the Numbers app on the iPad (and the iPhone ... that is, the iOS version).  I have a couple of spreadsheets which are basically just information databases.  They do get updated occasionally, but I use them mostly only to look things up.  Each is considerably larger than the screen, so I need to scroll around in them to find what I want.


In the OS X version, this is very easy: just use the two-finger scroll gesture on a touch pad, or, for that matter, a single-finger scroll on a scrolling mouse such as the Apple Magic Mouse.


However, I haven't found any satisfactory way to do it in the iOS version.  It's easy enough to use a one-finger scroll gesture to move around, but if you're not VERY careful, the program decides you want to choose a cell and goes into update mode -- which is exactly what I don't want and can easily lead to data corruption.


I have no idea what they're actually for, but there are also two-, three-, and four-finger scroll gestures that do move the spreadsheet around, but not in any way that I've been able to make do what I need.  I can't make the two-finger consistently move anything, but when it does, it's something like what I want.  The three- and four-finger seem always to change the zoom -- which is useless.


Does anyone have any idea what I should be doing? 


Many thanks for any suggestions.


Stratton McAllister


__._,_.___

Posted by: 73357.3046@compuserve.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!


.

__,_._,___