Re: [iPad] MiniChou

 

It's not possible now.  This is from Apple regarding the Apple Watch:  


Requires an iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, SE, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, or 6s Plus and iOS 8.2 or later.

Pat


On Apr 17, 2016, at 6:28 PM, Christopher Collins iphone@analogdigital.com.au [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

If you install the Apple Watch app on the Mini, wouldn't you then be able to pair the Watch?


cjc

On 17 Apr 2016, at 10:01 PM, Hélène Dion hdion@videotron.ca [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> MiniChou, c'est votre iPad?

Yes, it is. 

'Chou' is an endearment in French and is also used as a suffix for an affectionate diminutive. For instance, my daughter-in-law's first name is Rachel (the 'ch' is is sounded as in the word 'she') and we call her Rachou. 

The iPad is an iPad Mini 4th gen, purchased 4 months ago. 

I owned one of the first iPads sold in Canada, I bought it after standing in line in front of the Laval (Québec) Apple Store over an hour before the doors opened on the first day of iPad sales in Canada. I purchased an iPad 2 the same way (the line was much longer). I switched to the Mini the minute it came out. 

Last year, I bought an Apple Watch (love it) and decided that appropriating my husband's iPhone 6+ to pair with the Watch while keeping a Mini was too much. I sold the Mini. 

I 'managed' quite well with the iPhone 6+, using it like a 'very small' Mini (after all, I'd done very well for years with an iPod Touch). But then I realized that a few apps I wanted to use didn't work on the iPhone and bought - reluctantly - another Mini. 'Reluctantly' because I still feel that owning an iPhone and an iPad is too much ***for me*** (be assured that this is not meant as a comment on people whose personal lifestyles make it different ***for them***.) Every time I can, I campaign for the ability to pair an iPad with the Watch. I'm quite aware of the drawbacks of that, but it should be my choice. 

Way more information than you bargained for, I guess 😀. 

Hélène D. 
Blainville, Québec
Envoyé de mon MiniChou



__._,_.___

Posted by: Pat Taylor <pat412@mac.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

.

__,_._,___