Re: [iPad] Numbers scrolling

 

> This has to do with the Numbers app on the iPad (and the iPhone ... that is, the iOS version). I have a couple of spreadsheets which are basically just information databases. They do get updated occasionally, but I use them mostly only to look things up. Each is considerably larger than the screen, so I need to scroll around in them to find what I want.
>
> In the OS X version, this is very easy: just use the two-finger scroll gesture on a touch pad, or, for that matter, a single-finger scroll on a scrolling mouse such as the Apple Magic Mouse.
>
> However, I haven't found any satisfactory way to do it in the iOS version. It's easy enough to use a one-finger scroll gesture to move around, but if you're not VERY careful, the program decides you want to choose a cell and goes into update mode -- which is exactly what I don't want and can easily lead to data corruption.

I seem to manage by scrolling with one finger. Just don't let it pause on a cell. Make contact with the screen with the finger already moving, and bring it up off the screen before stopping moving.

If I inadvertently select a cell, I tap someplace off the edge of the spreadsheet to de-select it.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!


.

__,_._,___