Re: [iPad] I've been struggling to learn my iPad well enough to actually use it.

 

Or the plus sign at the top right of the calendar screen. I have mine in month view..but that's the way I add appointments.

My latest photos at

On Jun 30, 2014, at 6:40 PM, "Virginia PhillipsSmith vapsmith@yahoo.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Jim, a couple ideas.   On the calendar, click on the date you need and a small screen opens to allow you to put in appointment.   

I wouldn't try to delete anything until you learn how to get around a little better.    Can you google the manual and read it on the iPad.   So easy to read on iPad.  

On the clock.  When I got my iPad, it had California time.    I set it to my time zone and I like the clock now.    

Under settings, go to clock and see what options you have for the clock.  

When you get used to the IPad, you will love it.  

Jen

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 30, 2014, at 6:16 PM, "jimpurcell2001@yahoo.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I have the .pdf manual on my PC but the thing is so difficult to use. Probably the fault of the reader.

The print is small so I use Control + to increase text but that doesn't last when I change pages. So by the time I have read a couple of pages I just get tired and quit.


The only apps I have figured out are:

Camera and Photo booth, maps, mail, and Settings, to some extent.


I open calendar expecting to be able to enter information but keyboard doesn't open nor is there an icon to click to open it. Same thing wit reminders.


I'd like to get rid of some app icons from the home page, I don't expect to ever use Music or Video. There's an item called utilities and it has clock on it.

Why can't I get a simple, central time click instead of that world clock? I don't care what time it is in Timbuktu.


One reason I forget some of the things I HAVE learned is that I just get tired of looking and not being able to do anything with the very expensive device that I can't really use,


Jim


__._,_.___

Posted by: Terry Pogue <tpogue@comcast.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

.

__,_._,___