Re: [iPad] cellular data use

 

Wait, what? LTE limit? A quick trip to settings shows no such limiting switch. How does one accomplish this?

~KLM
\\ "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." ~Helen Keller //

On Jun 25, 2014, at 6:49 PM, "david smith david.smith.14916@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 


Thanks.  I've set my LTE limit at 10GB, though, so this is unlikely to be a problem.  Adding a little more capacity isn't very expensive, at least with ATT.  The big expense is for the initial service.  Sigh.


On Jun 25, 2014, at 5:30 PM, "mary davidson mary.davidson@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I just got a notice that I was close to my data limit for the second month. I understood it last month as I took a trip and used google maps and iMaps a lot but not this month so I checked with my settings under cellular and found a whole group of apps had cellular data turned on. I think this happened when I upgraded these apps as well as two games I recently got to kill time also had a cellular data setting. Hopefully others have been more alert than I have been. For those unaware of how to check settings for this this article might help.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/keep-apps-from-using-cellular-data-on-ios-7/

Mary Davidson

__._,_.___

Posted by: Just Murray <krismurray@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)

.

__,_._,___