[iPad] Re: Clone my iPhone.....

 

I did the backup like norjgo did, but for a different purpose. My iPad 3 has been having a sticky home button and Apple Store said I should backup then come in for a restore then go back and synch the iPad from the backup. My problem is that I can see no way to restore from iTunes to iPad. Anyone know the steps to do that?

Sent from my iPad
John Ferman
Kingfield Neighborhood
Minneapolis, MN
Email in header


On Jun 20, 2014, at 2:38 AM, iPad@yahoogroups.com wrote: 

Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:25 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

norjgo

I have the following: iPhone 5s (64GB), iPad 3 (64GB), and iPod Touch 5 (iPT) (32GB). I use iTunes 11.2.2 (3) (current version) on my iMac


I created folders and moved the apps to the appropriate folder on my iPhone. My iPhone is set up the way I want my other devices set up. Using iTunes on my iMac I backed up the iPhone to iTunes, rather than to the iCloud.


I connected my iPT to iTunes and backed up to the iMac. I reset the iPT to factory settings. I then attempted several times to restore the iPT using the iPhone backup. The first several times the restore did not result in the same folders and apps as the iPhone. Finally it worked. My iPT now has the same folders and apps as my iPhone, without iPhone specific items like the phone. Success


I did the same thing with my iPad. Each time, no folders were created and more apps were transferred to the iPad, but not all the apps on iTunes.


Live Apple Support says this feature is not supported even though it worked, eventually, on my iPT.


I heard that people routinely do this from one iPhone to a new iPhone or from one iPad to a new iPad. Has anyone had success going from one type of device to another type and have any idea why my technique is not working?


__._,_.___

Posted by: John Ferman <johnwferman@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___