Re: [iPad] cellular data use

 


Sorry - sloppy writing.  I just meant my ATT download limit is ten gigs.  I'll probably never come close to that, but it's a nice comfort zone, and it doesn't cost that much extra.  What it means is that when I'm on the road, I'm not dependent on wifi, which around here is unreliable and slow.  In fact, in Starbucks, I turn off wifi - it's that bad.  Sigh.



On Jun 26, 2014, at 6:15 PM, "Just Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Wait, what? LTE limit? A quick trip to settings shows no such limiting switch. How does one accomplish this?

~KLM
\\ "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." ~Helen Keller //

On Jun 25, 2014, at 6:49 PM, "david smith david.smith.14916@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 


Thanks.  I've set my LTE limit at 10GB, though, so this is unlikely to be a problem.  Adding a little more capacity isn't very expensive, at least with ATT.  The big expense is for the initial service.  Sigh.


On Jun 25, 2014, at 5:30 PM, "mary davidson mary.davidson@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I just got a notice that I was close to my data limit for the second month. I understood it last month as I took a trip and used google maps and iMaps a lot but not this month so I checked with my settings under cellular and found a whole group of apps had cellular data turned on. I think this happened when I upgraded these apps as well as two games I recently got to kill time also had a cellular data setting. Hopefully others have been more alert than I have been. For those unaware of how to check settings for this this article might help.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/keep-apps-from-using-cellular-data-on-ios-7/

Mary Davidson

__._,_.___

Posted by: david smith <david.smith.14916@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

.

__,_._,___