Re: [iPad] iPad battery capacity

I bought my iPad 1 about the same day as you. I still get tons of
battery life. My wife doesn't charge it for days. Only time it drains
fast is when the girls want to spend all day play Minecraft.

Draining will be determined by what type of tasks you do on it. Plus
the brightness level helps save or drain the battery. Setting a long
timeout/auto lock duration can decrease the battery. Watching or
streaming videos will drain the battery faster.

Is it your belief that your behavior and usage has remained the same,
but the battery life has not?

Thanks,

Carl W. Brooks

On Jul 31, 2012, at 6:16 PM, Tom Gillen <tgillen4@aol.com> wrote:

> Since I purchased my iPad 1 on May 8, 2010, the battery charge capacity has gone from 10 hours, all the way down to approximately 3.5 hours (– 1% every two minutes). Is this rate of decline (– 6.5 hours in just over two years) normal? Is my iPad's death eminent?
>
> I only do the complete discharge (100% to 0%) once a month, if that. So, by stats, the battery should last at least 1000 months...or approximately 83 years from 2010 (2093). Not only would the battery be dead, I might be too, unless I can live to 121. Odds are against me, but there's always hope...lol.


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iPad/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iPad/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
iPad-digest@yahoogroups.com
iPad-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
iPad-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/