Re: [iPad] Re: Anyone got and use a Camera Connection Kit?

 

Import photos go to an album, not the camera roll.

E in Long Beach
Sent from my iPad2
 /\__/\_____
(=-.-=),,__,,_)~~~~


On Jun 27, 2012, at 1:14 AM, Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

 

Kris, Ted, Millie
 
Does a CCK import go to the Camera Roll? As in all individual photos?
 
If so, then I have a easy solution that Millie and I need.
 
If I import, on a trip, 4 seperate times using the CCK, then if all photos go into the Camera Roll, that will do. As in Windows, when I plug my iPhone in, I can see the Camera Roll, so I can merely copy over, or as Ted said, use the popup import.. Then I will have all the trip photos on my laptop, so I can sort them into my own PC's manually managed Photos folder. Then sync that to the iPad so that they are where I want them.
 
Only issue is deletng them, which is painfully slow on my iPhone, hopefully quicker on the PC to delete the Camera Roll images.

From: Ted Wagner <tfwagner2001@yahoo.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 27 June 2012 9:41 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: Anyone got and use a Camera Connection Kit?

 
When you connect the iPad to your laptop, AutoPlay should be popping up asking what you want to do with the photos/video. I import using Windows Live Gallery for Vista or 7.

You have to do all of your organizing on the computer after the import.. 

Maybe it works some really cool way on the Mac and syncing with iPhoto.. I don't know.

Ted

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 26, 2012, at 2:10 PM, Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

 
Same. My workflow is that I keep all my camera photos in folders on my Wintel laptop, named so that they are in order. I sync them to my iPhone and iPad.
 
What I want is as follows.
 
CCK photos from my camera to my iPad3
Rename the folder the way I want
At home, copy that folder to my Wintel laptop
Delete the folder on the iPad
Sync laptop to iPad as normal
 
I just want the iPad to be my "on the run" temporary storage.
 
My research shows that I cannot copy the folder to the laptop, although I think I can if I had a MAC laptop.I think I can if I used third party software.  Clearly, there is Apple  integration that does not fit my manual management of my camera photos. Maybe, if I managed all my camera photos in a MAC photo software that may work better, i.e. integrate myself fully 

From: Millie <kymillie@insightbb.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 27 June 2012 1:53 AM
Subject: [iPad] Re: Anyone got and use a Camera Connection Kit?

 
As a fairly new iPad3 owner, I am very disappointed in the way it handles photos because I got it so I could DL photos to it instead of taking my Netbook when we travel. I have the Connection Kit but do not like the way it works. Will not import into an an empty album I have created just for those pics. Pics Go to Imported instead and then they have to be moved to the new album. Try to delete from Imported, and the pic is deleted in both, which to me defeats the purpose of DL'ing... Perhaps others will have some suggestions. ...Millie

Sent from my iPad


=


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___