Re: [iPad] The article I missed the list of iOS features

 

I agree April, the only reason I upgraded to the 2 was because I won it!

E in Long Beach
Sent from my iPad2
 /\__/\_____
(=-.-=),,__,,_)~~~~


On Jun 24, 2012, at 8:40 AM, April Duritza <april.duritza@gmail.com> wrote:

 

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Elizabeth <eawalker@charter.net> wrote:
 

David, Wouldn't someone have to be pretty devious and scheming to do something like THAT? Even as skeptical as I am, I don't they'd do something like that.  

 
Devious and scheming?  Or maximizing profit for investors?  Apple is a business, and businesses devise schemes to make profit.

None of us is really able to definitively assess Apple's motivation here, except to say that ultimately Apple is a publicly traded business whose duty to its investors is to make as much money as possible.  Their strategy has often been to take superlative care of their customers in order to make the most money possible.  But I don't want to make the mistake of thinking that they are taking care of us entirely out of the goodness of their hearts.  

So if I were them, I would want people who own iPads to buy new iPads, and sooner, rather than later.  

Personally, though, of course I find it irritating that a device I paid $650 for 2 years ago has an OS that can no longer be updated.  Can you imagine a computer that you bought two years ago being ineligible for new versions of Windows or Mac OS X?  And weren't they actually still selling these first gen iPads new just a few months ago, for $100 less than the iPad 2?  I am going to hope that this seemingly premature obsolescence is because the first generation iPad was a brand new, immature technology, and the next versions significant power improvements.  Maybe the newer iPad versions will last longer before becoming obsolete.  I would hope.  Nonetheless, Paddy and I will be sticking together for at least another year, even if we have to keep missing out on all the cool features on the new versions (and there were several in iOS 6 that I actually really liked, including some that have nothing to do with hardware capability/power.)  I might upgrade my phone every two years, because I can upgrade my contract and just pay a couple hundred.  But I do not personally foresee following the "New every Two" strategy with the iPad, lol!


April

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___