Re: [iPad] OT e-readers

 

I have the nook 2nd edition and it is also light weight fits in purse, eink so read outside. Perfect. Ipad for magazines.

E in Long Beach
Sent from my iPad2
 /\__/\_____
(=-.-=),,__,,_)~~~~


On Jun 24, 2012, at 6:58 AM, Arlean Lewis <lewisarlean@gmail.com> wrote:

 

I have the plain no frills basic Kindle and I love it. Very light weight. Can read in full sun. There are several lists on yahoo that list free kindle books. My vote is for the Kindle. I have had mine for a year now and have not had a single problem. I love the size can put it in my purse and take all my books with me. The Kindle fire is the only one that has color. I use mine only for reading books so I don't mind that it is black and white. The display is  very easy on my eyes. 
             Iris

   Sent from my iPad 

On Jun 24, 2012, at 4:32 AM, "Carlee Marrer-Tising" <c-marrer-tising@bluewin.ch> wrote:

 

I love reading books on my iPad, whether via the Kindle app or iBooks or GoodReader or a couple of others.  It is very easy to get the books right onto the iPad, so I am completely spoiled now!  However, like a few others have mentioned, sometimes it would be useful to have a smaller, lighter device, especially one that is easy to read outside.  We are just now starting to get the e-readers in Switzerland, and one of the stores has a pretty good buy on a Sony Wi-Fi model with case, so I have been reading up on both it and the Kindle.  Do any of you have any experience with either of these?  We also have the Oyo here, but no Nooks.  Nooks seem to be available only in the U.S.  At the moment I am not really interested in getting library books on an e-reader, just the ones I have bought or will buy.  As far as I understand, I would have to convert all of my Kindle books to a different format in order to use them on a Sony device, and I'd also have to remove the DRM.  This would be extra work, but I think I could do it.  If I got the Kindle (available online from one dealer or else shipped from Amazon, Germany) I wouldn't have to convert anything.  Somebody told me the Sony has e-ink and no color, but that Kindle had color.   Any suggestions from any of you?

 

Thanks,

 

Carlee

 

   /\„,„/\

  ( =';'= )

  /*♡♡*\

  (.|.|..|.|.)

 

  /\__/\_____

(=-.-=),,__,,_)~~~~

 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___