[iPad] Re: iPad & GMail

 

Maybe it was a dumb question, but an answer would have been
reassuring. Fortunately I checked into our hotel in Rome and found
that the wifi cost was 5€ for three hours so I used the Gmail app and
used online time answering mails. However it would be nice to know if
I could use the iPad Mail app offline without downloading a GB or so
of archived mail via the IMAP interface.
Can anyone advise me?

regards,
 Ian G
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LVeF/

On 22 May 2011 16:49, Ian Gillis <tessel.bas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use GMail to aggregate all my mail into one place; I like it for the
> webmail attributes of not taking up storage on my Mac, notebook,
> laptop and iPad (1, less 3G) and being accessible from each of those
> devices, and the big plus of having a relational database approach
> with its "label" function. I've never used the Apple Mail facility on
> any device.
> However I've got a stay booked in an hotel that has a 5€ per hour wifi
> charge that I would like to minimise by downloading mail to my iPad,
> composing offline and going online to send.
> If I fire up the iPad Mail app can I do this without downloading
> archived mail and leaving all mail sent or received on the server for
> further work at home on the desktop?
> regards,
> Ian

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___