Re: [iPad] Re: OT: Windows: It's over

 

Do you have an example David (not trolling).
 
Windows has foibles, but I don't see any real issues with doing things. You can do things by the standard menu, etc, etc, but you can also do many things quick. Websites are big for me. I right click the IE or FF icon on my taskbar and I then click what I want under Pinned or Recent, nice and quick. Havent been on my inherited iMac for a while but I found that quick website access not there. Having said that, I have little doubt it is there in another form.
 
Usability in Windows 7 I find excellent, the foibles I hate, such as registry, slowdowns after a period, apps being everywhere on my hard drive. MacOS having apps generally in one place, one folder? Wow, nice. Or you could have them in a number of system folders, and sharing system files, no way.

From: David Smith <david.smith.14916@gmail.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 30 April 2013 4:09 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: OT: Windows: It's over
 

Problem, maybe, is that Windows requires so much counterintuitive learning that a typical user's reaction may be, "I don't want to through that all over again!".
--
david@luda.net
pad4

On Apr 28, 2013, at 4:04 PM, "David H. Bailey" <dhbailey52@comcast.net> wrote:
 
Much shorter boot time.

Applications seem to zip along a bit faster/better.

Better (at least more useful for me) shortcuts built in utilizing the
"windows" key.

I agree that Win7 was the most stable windows up to that point.
Win8 is just as stable, at least on my computer.

I wouldn't try to convince anybody who is happy with Win7 that they
should run out and get Win8.

I'm just trying to be a voice crying in the wilderness for those who are
avoiding Win8 on purpose, that it's nothing to run away from.

It's an incremental improvement over Win7 -- if people feel better
moving only to Win7, great, but from my experience all the naysayers
about doom and gloom about Win8 were wrong, so I just want people to
know that there's at least one very satisfied Win8 user out here. :-)

David H. Bailey

On 4/28/2013 2:21 PM, whiterabbit32 wrote:
>
>
> What makes Win8 better than Win7? Win7 was the most stable Windows I've
> ever used. I used most versions of Windows since Windows 3.0. Before
> that, MS-DOS.
>
> \
> \ /\
> ( ) White Rabbit 32
> .( ). Sent from my iPhone 5
>
> On Apr 18, 2013, at 12:42 PM, "David H. Bailey" <mailto:dhbailey52%40comcast.net
> <mailto:mailto:dhbailey52%40comcast.net>> wrote:
>
>> On 4/18/2013 10:25 AM, Kriss Spencer wrote:
>> > Do you have a touch screen on your Win8 PC? I don't, so I've been
>> hesitant to upgrade my Win7. Any thoughts?
>> > Kriss
>> >
>>
>> I don't have a touch screen on my Win8 PC. I still like Win8 better
>> than Win7. I operate from the desktop, not from the Metro interface, so
>> except for the lack of a Start button, which I rarely used except to
>> turn the computer off or reboot it, someone walking into my office
>> wouldn't know I was using Win8. Not that I'm trying to hide anything, I
>> just prefer working from the desktop.
>>
>> --
>> David H. Bailey
>> mailto:dhbailey%40davidbaileymusicstudio.com
>> <mailto:dhbailey%40davidbaileymusicstudio.com>
>> http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com/
>>
>
>
>

--
David H. Bailey
mailto:dhbailey%40davidbaileymusicstudio.com
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com/

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (99)
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___