Re: [iPad] Re: OT: Windows: It's over

 

You can in Windows, its called cloning, Norton Ghost is one example. Haven't used it for years but it worked well.
 
Your backup desire in Windows won't really happen as its too mixed up. Files are everywhere, and occasionally shared.  iOS backup and sync is perfect. Given what little I know about MacOS in that most apps have their files in one folder, I would have thought that a full backup would have been relatively easy to create. Or do you mean inbuilt rather than buying third party software?

From: Ted Wagner <tfwagner2001@yahoo.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 30 April 2013 4:44 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: OT: Windows: It's over
 
I still think that both Windows and Mac need backups that work like iOS. When I do a restore, I want my computer back to where it was when I did the backup. I don't want to reinstall apps.Ted

Sent from my iPad 3
On Apr 29, 2013, at 9:22 AM, Julia Mavity-Hudson <julie.mavity@gmail.com> wrote:
 
It may depend on how your brain works. I like options, and I also don't find windows counterintuitive. I do find Mac counterintuitive and it took me forever to figure out iOS, or at least as much as I have figured out so far. Everyone is different and it is good to have different platforms to choose from I think. If there was only one in the world that would be bad..
Julie
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM, David Smith <david.smith.14916@gmail.com> wrote:
 

Problem, maybe, is that Windows requires so much counterintuitive learning that a typical user's reaction may be, "I don't want to through that all over again!".
--
david@luda.net
pad4

On Apr 28, 2013, at 4:04 PM, "David H. Bailey" <dhbailey52@comcast.net> wrote:
 
Much shorter boot time.

Applications seem to zip along a bit faster/better.

Better (at least more useful for me) shortcuts built in utilizing the
"windows" key.

I agree that Win7 was the most stable windows up to that point.
Win8 is just as stable, at least on my computer.

I wouldn't try to convince anybody who is happy with Win7 that they
should run out and get Win8.

I'm just trying to be a voice crying in the wilderness for those who are
avoiding Win8 on purpose, that it's nothing to run away from.

It's an incremental improvement over Win7 -- if people feel better
moving only to Win7, great, but from my experience all the naysayers
about doom and gloom about Win8 were wrong, so I just want people to
know that there's at least one very satisfied Win8 user out here. :-)

David H. Bailey

On 4/28/2013 2:21 PM, whiterabbit32 wrote:
>
>
> What makes Win8 better than Win7? Win7 was the most stable Windows I've
> ever used. I used most versions of Windows since Windows 3.0. Before
> that, MS-DOS.
>
> \
> \ /\
> ( ) White Rabbit 32
> .( ). Sent from my iPhone 5
>
> On Apr 18, 2013, at 12:42 PM, "David H. Bailey" <mailto:dhbailey52%40comcast.net
> <mailto:mailto:dhbailey52%40comcast.net>> wrote:
>
>> On 4/18/2013 10:25 AM, Kriss Spencer wrote:
>> > Do you have a touch screen on your Win8 PC? I don't, so I've been
>> hesitant to upgrade my Win7. Any thoughts?
>> > Kriss
>> >
>>
>> I don't have a touch screen on my Win8 PC. I still like Win8 better
>> than Win7. I operate from the desktop, not from the Metro interface, so
>> except for the lack of a Start button, which I rarely used except to
>> turn the computer off or reboot it, someone walking into my office
>> wouldn't know I was using Win8. Not that I'm trying to hide anything, I
>> just prefer working from the desktop.
>>
>> --
>> David H. Bailey
>> mailto:dhbailey%40davidbaileymusicstudio.com
>> <mailto:dhbailey%40davidbaileymusicstudio.com>
>> http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com/
>>
>
>
>

--
David H. Bailey
mailto:dhbailey%40davidbaileymusicstudio.com
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com/

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (100)
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___