Re: [iPad] Re: OT: Windows: It's over

 

Ubuntu is Linux. Debian based. Most popular
 
It does look interesting and fresh, but I expect it needs a big input from a current member of the smart device community. A phone manufacturer that is struggling with Apple on the one side and Samsung on the other?  With Apple, Google, and now Microsoft out there, be hard to get a foot in, especially as Microsoft has left it too late itself.. Apps and devs? Minimal. And you cant install it on any Android based phone. But it does look nice, but I feel it doesn't have what is needed. The ability to have an ecosystem. Apple, Google and Microsoft have those. 

From: Alice <whiterabbit32@gmail.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, 29 April 2013 7:48 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: OT: Windows: It's over
 
I don't think I'd use just Linux by itself.  I did the DOS thing before Windows and don't want to go back to command line.  I would use Ubuntu though.  I used it a few years ago and liked it except for the update process.  Now I understand updating apps and Ubuntu itself is easy....much like updating OSX or Windows. 
 \
   \  /\                    Alice
  (    )    whiterabbit32@gmail.com
.(      ).    Sent from my iPad mini
On Apr 28, 2013, at 1:08 PM, "David H. Bailey" <dhbailey52@comcast.net> wrote:
 
On 4/28/2013 3:07 PM, petefromflorida wrote:
> My first computer was a Windows based PC and I used Windows for many years. After about two years of using iOS I finally realized that I no longer needed Windows. Good riddance. I will never buy another Microsoft product again.
> Pete <---- turns on his Windows laptop once a month to keep it updated but then turns it off until the next month
>
>

I understand the desire to stick with iOS and that you see no need to
use Windows anymore. Apple's operating systems, both iOS and OSX, are
terrific.

What I don't understand is the implied vitriol in your comment "I will
never buy another Microsoft product again." That implies that you view
Microsoft as some sort of evil empire, which I won't argue against. But
I don't see Apple as being any more benign, other than in a "big brother
knows what's best for all the end-users" sort of way, which is hardly
benign.

In my view, they're both evil empires and we're just stuck having to
decide which one to use, or we can help blaze the paths through the
Linux wilderness of open-source operating systems and open-source software.

--
David H. Bailey
mailto:dhbailey%40davidbaileymusicstudio.com
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com/

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (84)
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___