Re: [iPad] Re: OT: Windows: It's over

 

Nice explanation, Tony. I totally agree with it. 

\
  \ /\
  (  )       White Rabbit 32
.(    ). Sent from my iPhone 5

On Apr 29, 2013, at 2:51 AM, Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

 

Nice comment Alice. I will clarify as best I can.
 
Apple
MacOS is a desktop OS, surprisingly similar to Windows in functionality, and often in actual use.
iOS is off course cut down, its based on phones, a very very small computer. Or tablets, aimed more at consumption that creation.
 
Windows
Win 7 is desktop. Win 8 is desktop
Win 8 is also tablet and phone, cut down, but very similar. You can also get a full Win 8 on tablet. Silly.
 
Metro does suit some demographics, my daughter loves it on her laptop. I HATE it. Imagine if iOS had huge Facebook and Twitter icons dominating the home screen, and that iOS was aimed at social networking as its main feature, in your face. Not everyone wants that.
 
True, MacOS and iOS are growing closer, but you will need an OS on a phone or tablet to suit that device, same for desktops. I see Metro as copying Apple's long succcessful business model. Aim for the apps and integration. Get users to use a Win 8 desktop, and phone , and tablet. Lock them in to the Microsoft ecosystem. Xbox is a key part of all this. They have the right idea as its proven to work, but Win 8 is horrible. Everything I know backwards is relocated. If it was a whole new ball game I accept that, but its just Win 7, a few extras wrapped in a cute, childlike face. Not all of us want to doodle around on social networking, or have to work around that to do real work. Many users are downloading free or pay themes. What is the theme? Windows Win 7 UI, there says it all. Have your cake and eat it too. Win 7, improved, and a choice to be computing or social networking when you turn it on.
 
I have rambled, sorry!
 
iOS is the iOS of the Apple world.
Android is the iOS of Googles world
Metro is the iOS of Microsofts world.
 
 

From: Alice <whiterabbit32@gmail.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, 29 April 2013 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: OT: Windows: It's over
 
I've heard that too.  From what I've heard people say about Metro and what I've read, I've come to the conclusion Metro is the iOS of the Microsoft world.  Do you think so?
 \
   \  /\                    Alice
  (    )    whiterabbit32@gmail.com
.(      ).    Sent from my iPad mini
On Apr 28, 2013, at 12:27 PM, Tony <tdale@xtra..co.nz> wrote:
 
Win 8 is newer, so by default humans assume its better. From what I hear it is better, it is Win 7 with a few extras. Metro not being one of them


From: whiterabbit32 <whiterabbit32@gmail.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, 29 April 2013 6:21 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: OT: Windows: It's over
 
What makes Win8 better than Win7? Win7 was the most stable Windows I've ever used. I used most versions of Windows since Windows 3.0. Before that, MS-DOS. \
  \ /\
  (  )       White Rabbit 32
.(    ). Sent from my iPhone 5
On Apr 18, 2013, at 12:42 PM, "David H. Bailey" <dhbailey52@comcast.net> wrote:
 
On 4/18/2013 10:25 AM, Kriss Spencer wrote: > Do you have a touch screen on your Win8 PC? I don't, so I've been hesitant to upgrade my Win7. Any thoughts? > Kriss > I don't have a touch screen on my Win8 PC. I still like Win8 better than Win7. I operate from the desktop, not from the Metro interface, so except for the lack of a Start button, which I rarely used except to turn the computer off or reboot it, someone walking into my office wouldn't know I was using Win8. Not that I'm trying to hide anything, I just prefer working from the desktop. -- David H. Bailey mailto:dhbailey%40davidbaileymusicstudio.com http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com/

Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (83)
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (103)
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___