Re: [iPad] OT: Windows: It's over

 

Yes, Windows backups are gotcha ridden. An ideal backup is when the backup reverts you back to an identical computer, as iOS does. Windows will never do that unless you use clone software which does work well, or it did when I used to use it.

From: Charles Carroll <911@learnasp.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 30 April 2013 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] OT: Windows: It's over
 
It is obvious what she is saying is that Windows and Mac should have a always on backup to the cloud.

When I got a different iPad physically than mine when I logged in my apps and data from apps (at least the cloud enabled ones) all downloaded to my iPad and put it in exactly same app folders assigned, etc, as well as my camera pics and movies and music,

Time Machine on Mac is close but it needs a second drive and to be turned on. It is not as seamless as iPad backup. Windows has a myriad of backup options many of which have gotchas on the restore side. Crashed disks are a nightmare unless one carefully prepares and tests the backup and restore system, and if one got any new windows machines copying programs and data cn be very complex not just a matter of logging into an account.
On Monday, April 29, 2013, Ted Wagner wrote:
 
OK thanks.Ted

Sent from my iPad 3
On Apr 29, 2013, at 1:36 PM, Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com> wrote:
 
I still think that both Windows and Mac need backups that work like iOS. When I do a restore, I want my computer back to where it was when I did the backup. I don't want to reinstall apps.
Ted

I'm not sure what you are saying here.

My Mac has 2 different, distinct, regularly maintained backups that are capable to restoring the machine to *exactly* the state it was in when the backup was made.

--  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jim Saklad                                        mailto:jimdoc@icloud..com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (96)
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
Yahoo! Groups
Switch to: Text-Only,

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (102)
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___