Re: [iPad] Re: OT: Windows: It's over

 

I think that's a pretty safe analogy. Microsoft clearly aimed Metro at
the touch-screen marketplace, but they built it into the full Windows8
as well, which is used on many non-touch-screen computers, which is
where the frustration for many lies. It's terrific on touch-screens,
just tap and drag and all the other aspects of iOS that we love.

But in a mousing environment it's less than optimal.

Which is why I always get to the old-fashioned Windows Desktop with my
own wallpaper and all my icons arranged as I prefer them and am in a
very nice mousing environment with little user-interface difference from
Win7, just all the "under the hood" improvements.

David H. Bailey

On 4/29/2013 3:43 AM, Alice wrote:
>
>
> I've heard that too. From what I've heard people say about Metro and
> what I've read, I've come to the conclusion Metro is the iOS of the
> Microsoft world. Do you think so?
>
> \
> \ /\ Alice
> ( ) whiterabbit32@gmail.com <mailto:whiterabbit32@gmail.com>
> .( ). Sent from my iPad mini
>
> On Apr 28, 2013, at 12:27 PM, Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz
> <mailto:tdale@xtra.co.nz>> wrote:
>
> Win 8 is newer, so by default humans assume its better. From what I hear
> it is better, it is Win 7 with a few extras. Metro not being one of them
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* whiterabbit32 <whiterabbit32@gmail.com
> <mailto:whiterabbit32@gmail.com>>
> *To:* "iPad@yahoogroups.com <mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com>"
> <iPad@yahoogroups.com <mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com>>
> *Sent:* Monday, 29 April 2013 6:21 AM
> *Subject:* Re: [iPad] Re: OT: Windows: It's over
>
> What makes Win8 better than Win7? Win7 was the most stable Windows I've
> ever used. I used most versions of Windows since Windows 3.0. Before
> that, MS-DOS.
>
> \
> \ /\
> ( ) White Rabbit 32
> .( ). Sent from my iPhone 5
>
> On Apr 18, 2013, at 12:42 PM, "David H. Bailey" <dhbailey52@comcast.net
> <mailto:dhbailey52@comcast.net>> wrote:
>
>> On 4/18/2013 10:25 AM, Kriss Spencer wrote:
>> > Do you have a touch screen on your Win8 PC? I don't, so I've been
>> hesitant to upgrade my Win7. Any thoughts?
>> > Kriss
>> >
>>
>> I don't have a touch screen on my Win8 PC. I still like Win8 better
>> than Win7. I operate from the desktop, not from the Metro interface, so
>> except for the lack of a Start button, which I rarely used except to
>> turn the computer off or reboot it, someone walking into my office
>> wouldn't know I was using Win8. Not that I'm trying to hide anything, I
>> just prefer working from the desktop.
>>
>> --
>> David H. Bailey
>> dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com
>> <mailto:dhbailey%40davidbaileymusicstudio.com>
>> http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com
>> <http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com/>
>
>
>
>
>

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (87)
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___