Re: [iPad] Re: OT: Windows: It's over

 

Hmm. I've heard those things about Windows too. And Macs, and iPhones, iOS, Android.
 
I don't see how Windows and iOS come together in the same conversation. Its like saying I used a Mac, and once I used Android....Different beasts. Windows is a desktop OS, iOS is a tablet/phone OS. Off course if all you want to do is covered admirably by a tablet, a full blown desktop OS is not what suits. Strange.
 
Many who use Apple hate Windows. many who use Windows, hate Apple. Android and iOS is the same. What my point is, if opinions are based on bias, they are not valid.
 
Some of us view the choices for what they are, choices. I can think of many reasons why iOS is better than Android, and why MacOS is better than Windows. And many reasons why the opposite is the case.
 
NONE of these are the best. They ALL have pros and cons, and being used to one, is a pro for that user. Having an awareness of the pros and cons of all the choices is a better way to evaluate what suits YOU best. Based on the current choices of desktop or mobile OS, whatever you choose will be a compromise.

From: Alice <whiterabbit32@gmail.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, 29 April 2013 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: OT: Windows: It's over
 
I've heard that said by quite a few people I know.  iOS sure is easy.  It does most everything I want it to do.  I use my Mac mini for iTunes and storing music and movies mostly.  I edit photos on my iPad most of the time.  
 \
   \  /\                    Alice
  (    )    whiterabbit32@gmail.com
.(      ).    Sent from my iPad mini
On Apr 28, 2013, at 12:07 PM, "petefromflorida" <petefromflorida@gmail.com> wrote:
 
My first computer was a Windows based PC and I used Windows for many years. After about two years of using iOS I finally realized that I no longer needed Windows. Good riddance. I will never buy another Microsoft product again.
Pete <---- turns on his Windows laptop once a month to keep it updated but then turns it off until the next month

--- In mailto:iPad%40yahoogroups.com, whiterabbit32 <whiterabbit32@...> wrote:
>
> What makes Win8 better than Win7? Win7 was the most stable Windows I've ever used. I used most versions of Windows since Windows 3.0. Before that, MS-DOS..
>
> \
> \ /\
> ( ) White Rabbit 32
> .( ). Sent from my iPhone 5
>
> On Apr 18, 2013, at 12:42 PM, "David H. Bailey" <dhbailey52@...> wrote:
>
> > On 4/18/2013 10:25 AM, Kriss Spencer wrote:
> > > Do you have a touch screen on your Win8 PC? I don't, so I've been hesitant to upgrade my Win7. Any thoughts?
> > > Kriss
> > >
> >
> > I don't have a touch screen on my Win8 PC. I still like Win8 better
> > than Win7. I operate from the desktop, not from the Metro interface, so
> > except for the lack of a Start button, which I rarely used except to
> > turn the computer off or reboot it, someone walking into my office
> > wouldn't know I was using Win8. Not that I'm trying to hide anything, I
> > just prefer working from the desktop.
> >
> > --
> > David H. Bailey
> > dhbailey@...
> > http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com/
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (82)
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___