[MacBook] Re: LVDS cable Macbook Air A1466

 

Yes, I have checked that site out and it goes as far as removing the video lid from the laptop.  That I can do. What I am actually wondering is how far I actually have to go to change the LVDS cable. Is totally removing the top from the base actually necessary?  I have noticed that there are screens for sale on E-Bay with the two cables still attached to the polarizer so I am thinking that I will not have to mess with those two cables.  I have watched videos of total screen replacement but have not seen one video yet of how to attach the LVDS cable only and if it is possible to do this without removing the other two cables.  There is very little out there on the steps to replace the LVDS cable only and I obviously want to achieve this task doing as few steps as possible.  I do know that I will have to remove the bezel and hopefully just lift the screen.  I appreciate the time that you took to reply to my query.  I'm just hoping to have all the steps down mentally before I start because at age 66 I have done too many things blind and don't need surprises anymore!  Thanks! 

__._,_.___

Posted by: dihughes1@comcast.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___