[iPad] iCloud - Confusing

 

This isn't a question as such, but any comments please feel free


I use my Apple ID for iCloud but as it isn't an iCloud.com address I cannot sync Notes. So, I thought I will create an iCloud.com email address, change the iCloud setting to that. I did this, and I see that I now have an iCloud.com address tdale2014@icloud.com but in Settings on 5S, iPad Air, rMBP, its still my regular Apple ID  tdale@xtra.co.nz, and that the iCloud address is what appears to be an alias. Its listed under Advanced. Notes is now able to be added, great. 


Given all this, it seems the loss of previous synced iCloud items won't happen, thats good.  Are there any other benefits that accrue using an iCloud.com address as compared to a regular email address in iCloud?


I will revisit adding my Yahoo address (tdale@xtra.co.nz) to the OSX Mail.app and try to make it true IMAP with all my custom folders. Thats gonna need some trickery. I am quite happy with the Yahoo webmail, but being recent switcher, I am keen to use all OSX functions that I can. 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Now you can search Photos & Files in your Group !
You can now search not only your archive of conversations, but also photos and files stored in your Yahoo Group. Give it a try!

.

__,_._,___