Re: [iPad] Reading books on the iPad versus the Kindle?

 

I got use to scrolling.  I don't see the big deal in it since it on.y happens every so often.  It's like the argument about what to call the new iPad.  There's the iPad, the iPad mini, the iPad 2011 and the iPad 2. Same as with Macs. One gets use to it. 

If scrolling is not your thing, the bigger iPad wouldn't do for you either since there will be times you'll have to scroll if you make the webage or magazine page bigger.

 \
   \  /\                    Alice
  (    )    whiterabbit32@gmail.com
.(      ).    Sent from my iPad mini

On Nov 28, 2012, at 2:17 PM, David Smith <david.smith.14916@gmail.com> wrote:

 


I think what Patricia is describing - double-tap - is just a quick way to enlarge web-page text.  It's the same thing as pinching out to enlarge the screen.  Yes, you're enlarging only part of the screen, and if a line of text's wider than the screen, It won't wrap - you'll lose part of it.

That's why I'm pretty sure a Mini wouldn't work for me - many web pages will be just too small to make out.  Not as bad as on an iPod or iPhone, of course, but still not big enough.  IPad regular's just about the perfect size.

--
david@luda.net

On Nov 28, 2012, at 3:44 PM, tim meidroth <timmeidroth@gmail.com> wrote:

 

is there a video anywhere (for instance on youtube) where this is demonstrated?...i don't understand how it's possible to expand the size text on a page and not exceed the margins of the page when the original page fills the screen...don't get me wrong; i think it's great but i can't get my senior citizen brain around how it works without seeing it.

   tim
 

On Nov 27, 2012, at 8:01 PM, Patricia Taylor wrote:

 

If you double tap the screen with one finger when viewing a website the page will expand tomake viewing easier & will fit the page without scrolling back & forth.


On Nov 27, 2012, at 5:50 PM, tim meidroth <timmeidroth@gmail.com> wrote:

 

i was not using an app...i was just using a mini to view a website...too small for my old eyes...when i enlarged, the page did not adjust...i was not aware the ibook or kindle apps would do that...good to know.

  tim

On Nov 27, 2012, at 12:56 PM, whiterabbit32 wrote:

 

Tim, what app are you reading in where you have to adjust the page from side to side on the iPad mini? I raise the font in iBook or the Kindle app and the app adjusts the page for you. 

\
  \ /\
  (  )       White Rabbit 32
.(    ). Sent from my iPhone 5

On Nov 26, 2012, at 10:08 AM, tim meidroth <timmeidroth@gmail.com> wrote:

 

 when the mini displays a full page the text is rather small, so you have to enlarge the text in order to comfortably read it --- but then you don't have a full page anymore!...this means you have to adjust the image from side to side to read...isn't this awfully burdensome?...am i missing something?

  tim


On Nov 25, 2012, at 1:54 PM, Carol Corley wrote:

 

I had a Nook Color and Sony eReader before my iPad. I way prefer reading on the iPad, even in bed because its propped against the comforter and I'm propped with pillows :-)
When the Mini came out I got one and love it as well. Now I usually use the iPad 3 like a laptop, the laptop like a desktop, the Mini for reading at night and for easy carry when going somewhere. And my iPhone for when I need a phone and don't want to carry / devices. They all sync (except the laptop and I will upgrade to Apple soon).
I prefer the Mini,over even the Nook Color because the iPad can do so much more and so easily.
Carol

Sent from my iPad 3









__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (186)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___