Re: [iPad] Cut the Cord on Cable - Finally!

 

Aren't you locked into some sort of contract? I'm in a 2 year contract.

 \
   \  /\                    Alice
  (    )    whiterabbit32@gmail.com
.(      ).    Sent from my iPad mini

On Nov 28, 2012, at 3:10 PM, Lloyd Parsons <lloydparsons@me.com> wrote:

 

You never know with discount from DirecTV.  Some have good luck, others not so much.  I keep thinking the decision is made by the Magic 8 Ball that all of them must keep at their desk!!  :)


Yes, the Premier package is all the premiums.

One trick you can use is with the HD Extra Package.  Go online and drop it, wait a few minutes and it will show back up as free for 3 months.  Do that every 3 months and you get those channels for free.  I've had it ever since I signed up and I think because I missed a cycle that I've paid less than a buck in total for that one.

Lloyd

On Nov 28, 2012, at 3:25 PM, Alice <whiterabbit32@gmail.com> wrote:

 

That's nice of DTV to do that to keep their customers.  We have a 2 year contract with them. Our rates haven't gone up. Do you get Starz and Cinemax in your premium package? We don't get those.  HBO, Showtime and Encore plus MGM, Sony and a couple others.  

 \
   \  /\                    Alice
  (    )    whiterabbit32@gmail.com
.(      ).    Sent from my iPad mini

On Nov 27, 2012, at 1:00 PM, Lloyd Parsons <lloydparsons@me.com> wrote:

 

I'm not a great fan of baseball and football is one of those things I can watch or not and not miss it at all.  So DTV fits me fine, but then Dish would too.  My live in son is the football fan and he pays for the NFL Sunday Ticket 'cause I won't!!  :)


BTW, Dish isn't missing AMC in HD any more, they settled that about a month ago.

It has been a weird 2nd year with me on DTV.  I have the Premier package and every time I call to downgrade from that, they give me discounts of $20-$30/month for a few months.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Been going on ever since I signed up about a year and a few months ago.  As long as they keep doing that, I won't switch.

Lloyd

On Nov 27, 2012, at 2:38 PM, whiterabbit32 <whiterabbit32@gmail.com> wrote:

 

Lloyd, DTV is great except for MLB. They want $200 a season. I get maybe 1 or 2 Mets games without it. Rob likes the Yankees. He gets more games than  I do. We're in CA. Glad we have DTV though. I'd dislike missing Walking Dead and Mad Man as Dish subscribers do. 

\
  \ /\
  (  )       White Rabbit 32
.(    ). Sent from my iPhone 5

On Nov 25, 2012, at 5:41 PM, Lloyd Parsons <lloydparsons@me.com> wrote:

 

Well, first of all 'digital antenna' is a marketing scheme.  Such a thing does not exist.  I'll give the marketing types credit, they sure found enough people to believe in them


But back to sports, yes my locals have some sports, just for the most part, not ones I care about.  Plenty of football, basketball, a smidgen of major golf events (or usually just the last 2 days), but absolutely no boxing.

And if I have to give up a sport, boxing isn't going to be the one I give up!  :)

I live in rural Illinois and unless you are really into the religious channels, you have the big 4 in HD via OTA, and PBS in HD, all the rest are in very bit-starved SD.

So I subscribe to DirecTV these days.  I have the Premier package which is all the premium movie channels, a bunch of sports channels and of course all the rest of them.  Costs me about $110/month right now, not counting the NFL Sunday Ticket my son pays for.  For me, it is worth it, for others maybe not.

Lloyd

On Nov 25, 2012, at 5:44 PM, Just Murray <krismurray@gmail.com> wrote:

 

What about a digital antenna? You get local channels. Don't they play sports?

~KLM
\,,/ 01001100 01001111 01001100 \,,/

On Nov 25, 2012, at 6:21 AM, Lloyd Parsons <lloydparsons@me.com> wrote:

> I've considered cutting the cord on many occasions, but unfortunately for me I like some live sports way too much. Mainly golf and boxing. Neither of those are available in any legal way without some sort of cable/satellite connection








__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (72)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___