Re: [iPad] Re: Jailbreak

 

Yea my root password can be accessed because a few extra ports are open. Unless you are an iOS expert you can't get to my phone data it's screwed I've looked. It can be crashy. I added a tweak that caused like 30 crashes of my iPhone before I got sick of it and deleted it. I'd recommend JB on
The iPad before iPhone. But I digress. And I'm chatty. Idky

~KM
\,,/ Banged Out on an iPhone4 \,,/

On Dec 30, 2011, at 1:37 PM, "bj" <bjones44@verizon.net> wrote:

 

Neither is an Android.

But JB by its very nature mucks about with the OS; doesn't it then also risk
leaving it open to malware?

I'm not asking about a "pure" iOS.
bj

-----Original Message-----
From: Just Murray
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2011 12:45 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: Jailbreak

Nope. No viruses exist. It's a mac not windows xp!

On Dec 30, 2011, at 9:06 AM, "bj" <bjones44@verizon.net> wrote:

Do you also need to have virus protection?
I got an ad for an Android a/v app so I'm wondering if JB also needs it.
Personally I'm not interested in JB anyway & certainly don't need more
housekeeping chores than I already have. :-)
bj

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Maxey
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2011 6:16 PM
To: mailto:iPad%40yahoogroups.com
Subject: [iPad] Re: Jailbreak

You gain access to Cydia; from there everything is possible: complete file
access, custom icons, apps not available from Apple, themes, ability to
read/write Flash Drives/MicroSD cards, complete freedom.

Jailbreaking simply means getting the file access Apple does not allow.
Safe, fast, easy.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___