[iPad] iBooks Problem

 

My wife and I share an Apple account.

I have an iPad1 and we've just gotten her an iPad2.

With the exception of "Find My iPad", all iCloud components are turned off.

She has her own copy of iTunes on her PC laptop while I use a separate copy in the PC desktop computer.

I did the initial load of her iPad by synching my iTunes to it. Since that time, her iPad has not been connected to the desktop.

Since her reading tastes differ somewhat from mine, she began rearranging and deleting "Collections" from her iBooks on her iPad. Suddenly, my collections on the iBooks in my iPad changed to her selection of collections. Books in the collections she removed reverted to the "Books" collection on my iPad.

It's really going to be a major PITA trying to reorganize my collections back to close to what they were and I don't know of a strategy that will allow us to maintain our own sets of collections.

An additional note: She was doing a synch this afternoon while I was reading a book on my iPad. I had not done a synch. I noticed the collections problem only when I'd finished a book and wanted to move it from my "Currently Reading" collection to the collection for that author. A further note is that the book I wanted to move from currently reading disappeared from that collection and I found it in a collection my wife had created.

We were both linked to our home wifi net at the time.

I've got a call into Apple support for Monday, but I was wondering if others had encountered similar problems.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___