Re: [iPad] Re: IOS File Manager

 

In my limited experience, I like this.





On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 7:13 AM, Chris Laarman chrislaarman@yahoo.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


I guess that many people want a "proper" file manager for iOS.
However, the design of iOS itself may be to blame by nesting data folders inside app folders (or at least giving that impression).
So moving data files to the cloud may be a greater relief to iOS users than to others.

Me, I have more or less settled on Documents 5, but then especially of copying meeting documents to my iPad for off-line use, annotating them, and having several of them open at once in tabs.
Settling on Documents 5 means that I may have been unaware of progress in other file managers, of which I have collected quite a lot.

Being a dedicated user of Total Commander on Windows systems, I was delighted to find a two-pane file manager for iOS named Cloud Commander. It does need time to get used to, and it doesn't provide the freedom to access local files except the Photos folder and a My Documents folder that seems limited to that very app.
(Cloud Commander also has an OS X edition.)

Hope this helps.

-- 
Chris

replying to:

On 27 jan. 2016, at 05:18, mtnest@hartcom.net [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

 I own an iPad mini, an old mini 1 with iOS 9.2, which was given to me as a gift.  I'm also looking for a file management app but haven't had much success. I also own a Nexus 7, which I rooted, and find that managing files is much, much easier. Admittedly, I'm going thru a learning curve with the 'mini' but all of the suggestions on this thread concern the use of an outside source for file manipulation. I have downloaded the free "FileManager" app and have yet to figure out how to move a simple txt file OUT of the program without going through some kind of outside server. Am I missing something here? 


   I then went to the "Document 5" app and it looks a little better but still nothing like my Nexus as far as file manipulation is concerned. Now I'd like to move all my files, and a few photos, out of 'File Manager' and over to 'Document 5'.......how can I do that without going through a server, which means the "mini" has to be connected to a network......or is there a better file manager out there which does not require the use of a network to move data around?   

  BTY, I don't want to come across as not liking Apple products since I own a MacBook Pro and an iMAC and do not have these problems.  

  Thanks for any help along these lines.
Tom 




__._,_.___

Posted by: Jeanette <jdswor@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)

.

__,_._,___