Re: [iPad] Attachments "Saved to Drive"

 

The options you have are determined by the mail client you use, the other apps installed, and then limited to the options that you have enabled.
The icon shown may hold the clue, like the triangular shape for Google Drive.
There may be an option to the folder on that drive, it may also be fixed for this mail client or for the type of file to be saved, like "Photos".

These options are shown in the menus related to the Exit or ... (three dots) buttons that may be present, or when you long-press on an item. These options can be set using the last (rightmost) entry of yet again three dots.

(To check, I found a message that came with a Word document. Pressing its icon showed these two menus plus the opportunity to AirDrop it to other Apple devices. I also noted that not every message listed with a paperclip showed an icon of an attachment to be saved.)

I'd call the matter "minimalistic" rather than "intuitive".

Hope this helps, anyway.  :-)

-- 
Chris

replying to:

On 31 jan. 2016, at 05:47, beadnik2@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I have an iPad Air. When I receive an email with an attachment I am given the option of saving it to 'Drive'. Where exactly does it go?


I just got an email with a photo as an attachment. I would like it to go into Photos, but it is not there. I clicked on "Save to Drive" but I can't find it. Where did it go?

JoanB

__._,_.___

Posted by: Chris Laarman <chrislaarman@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___