[iPad] Re: IOS File Manager

 

 I own an iPad mini, an old mini 1 with iOS 9.2, which was given to me as a gift.  I'm also looking for a file management app but haven't had much success. I also own a Nexus 7, which I rooted, and find that managing files is much, much easier. Admittedly, I'm going thru a learning curve with the 'mini' but all of the suggestions on this thread concern the use of an outside source for file manipulation. I have downloaded the free "FileManager" app and have yet to figure out how to move a simple txt file OUT of the program without going through some kind of outside server. Am I missing something here? 


   I then went to the "Document 5" app and it looks a little better but still nothing like my Nexus as far as file manipulation is concerned. Now I'd like to move all my files, and a few photos, out of 'File Manager' and over to 'Document 5'.......how can I do that without going through a server, which means the "mini" has to be connected to a network......or is there a better file manager out there which does not require the use of a network to move data around?   

  BTY, I don't want to come across as not liking Apple products since I own a MacBook Pro and an iMAC and do not have these problems.  

  Thanks for any help along these lines.
Tom 

__._,_.___

Posted by: mtnest@hartcom.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)

.

__,_._,___