Re: [iPad] Re: IOS File Manager

 

Yes, Tom, Cloud Commander is targeted at cloud users, therefore it "requires" cloud storage.  :-)

As your use seems to resemble mine, Documents 5 would be at least "a" choice. It can exchange files (even folders) with the cloud. It has file viewers built in, but it can also copy them to other apps. (Be sure to configure your Exit and Actions menus (I mean those with the Exit symbol and with the three dots) properly by dragging the options into their desired order and by adding or blocking the options to be included.)

For snippets of information you may consider using Evernote (or equivalent). I cherish my Evernote Premium subscription, and I have two notebooks configured as available off-line.

-- 
Chris

replying to:

On 30 jan. 2016, at 17:56, mtnest@hartcom.net [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Chris,


Just finished looking at Cloud Commander. It also looks good, however it looks like a program requiring storage of my files on a remote 'server' in order to manipulate them and that's not what I'm looking for, as you said in your original reply :)

   I think I'll wait for the 9.3 Jailbreak and hope it will apply to my Mini 1, that looks like my best bet. 

ps; I'm not a game player, movie watcher, or app experimenter, I just like to download and save manuals and technical materials, then later when not in access of WiFi, pull them up and read or save portions of them for later use..... pretty simple stuff, so maybe it's just a matter of finding the proper program and learning how to use it.  It seems to me that Jailbreak is what I'm looking for........something like 'Finder' in my MacBookPro.

 Thanks for the reply.

Tom


__._,_.___

Posted by: Chris Laarman <chrislaarman@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (18)

.

__,_._,___