Re: [iPad] Otterbox Defender vs. Griffin Survivor

 

Thanks for your personal review. I don't plan on trying to see how many "accidents" my iPad can survive, but that sounds like a great level of protection.

Ted

Sent from my iPad Air

On Jan 31, 2014, at 11:34 AM, Eric Payne <jericpayne@gmail.com> wrote:

 

Both my husband and I use the Otterbox Defender on our iPad Airs.

Oddly, it was the features we most liked about the Air which made us choose the Defender -- the Air's thinness and light weight also made us believe there may be a more inherent structural fragility than previous iPad models. But the Defender pushes it to the other extreme -- suddenly the Air seems heavy and bulky. Plus, the instructions on how to disassemble the Defender, as Otterbox packages them assembled, in order to put the iPad in the case are both difficult to read (size, color and font of print) and confusing.

That being said, it does provide great protection for the Air. Mine fell from the kitchen counter onto a tile floor, and all that happened was the cover popped off.

Oh, the "stand" to which you refer is actually the hard plastic detachable screen cover. When the cover is removed, there's a hinged plastic construct on the inside of the cover. Pulling that construct up into an unhinged position serves as the support against which the iPad leans, while the raised "corner guards" of the case cover act as a "notch" against which the iPad rests.

Eric Payne
Sent from my iPad

On Jan 31, 2014, at 1:11 PM, Ted Wagner <tfwagner2001@yahoo.com> wrote:

 

Has anyone used either of these cases? How did you like it?

To me, both of the cases look really nice. The latest Otterbox Defender iPad Air case has a cover/stand, but I don't know what you do with it when you want to take picture. (Put it under your arm?)

I know there are plenty of "versus" articles on the two, but most don't help much. I think one just said they liked both equally. lol

Ted

Sent from my iPad Air

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___