Re: [iPad] How email has changed with smart devices

 

I turned on Airplane Mode

I can read emails I have read before as the contents were downloaded, as I read them
I went to folders that I have, it says no mail, but there are emails.
I got an email today that has an attachement, I can read the email I cannot read the attachment as I had not chosen to open it before so it is not there

If the emailsl were on my iOS device ALL of them should be, and all attachments. They arent although the folder structure is and when i turn off Airplane Mode I can go to those folders and see the messages (older folders will download the headers which aren't in iOS yet.

If this was POP, all will be there, in full, and not at the server unless you set it to leave messages at server.If it was true IMAP with IMAP settings they will all be here, and at the server. Its essentially a webmail access for the built in app yahoo, as I only enter email address and password. If I set it up manually, with full server, and SSL settingsI do not know how that will operate, others can elaborate on that




From: Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, 30 January 2014 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] How email has changed with smart devices

 
I have 7991 emails and in iOS it takes up 55Mb, how can that be? Ive probably recieved  55MB of photos and attachments in the last month

How can that be?



From: Pete <petefromflorida@gmail.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, 30 January 2014 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] How email has changed with smart devices

 
I know that because I can read my mail when I'm not connected to the Internet.
Pete





On Jan 29, 2014, at 9:59 PM, Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

 
Physically? How do you know that ?

Anyone else confirm this ?

Sent from my iPhone 5S 


On 30/01/2014, at 3:47 pm, Pete <petefromflorida@gmail.com> wrote:

 
Well, my emails and attachments are stored on my iPad.
Pete




On Jan 29, 2014, at 9:38 PM, Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

 
That isnt a client in the normal sense of the word. My emails, and any attachments on them are not stored on my iOS devices AFAIK

So they act as webmail, reading and working from, in my case, the Yahoo servers where my email is stored.



From: Pete <petefromflorida@gmail..com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, 30 January 2014 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] How email has changed with smart devices

 
Does that mean you don't use the built in email client that is part of iOS?  I think it's one on of its features.
Pete




On Jan 29, 2014, at 8:59 PM, Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

 
I hate email clients, all of them! 


From: david smith <david.smith.14916@gmail.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, 30 January 2014 2:55 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] How email has changed with smart devices

 

I hate Outlook :0)


On Jan 29, 2014, at 11:45 AM, Pete <petefromflorida@gmail.com> wrote:

 
Many years ago I used Outlook but my computer crashed and I lost all my mail which is one reason why I switched to webmail.  Another reason is I switched my ISP provider so in that case I even lost my email address.  Two lessons learned the hard way.
Pete <---- slow learner





On Jan 29, 2014, at 5:57 AM, David Smith <david.smith.14916@gmail.com> wrote:

 

I, too, dislike webmail. Eudora is nearly perfect, but it's become unfashionable, and there's no longer a deep-pocketed developer.

- ipdt5

On Jan 28, 2014, at 5:31 PM, Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com> wrote:

>> Yes I assume so, Apple webmail so to speak?
>>
>> So Apple Mail on OSX is just a client where you can accesssyour Yahoo, Gmail, ISP, iCloud email? Outlook being the PC equivalent?
>
> My image of "webmail" is using a browser to go to your email provider's website, log in, and read the mail there. Pretty much *my* least favorite method to read mail.
>
> Apple's Mail is a client that runs on the Mac (or the iOS device), goes to various sites to fetch your email from various servers, and present it all in an organized and convenient fashion.
>
> The dictionary built-in to MacOS 10.9 says:
>> webmail
>> e-mail that is available for use online and stored in the Internet server mailbox, and that is not downloaded to an e-mail program or used offline.
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo Groups Links
>
>
>








__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (55)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___