Yeah the Entertainment industry is DEAD killed by _____ just like VCRs would kill theatre movies yet Titanic, Avatar, Harry Potter, Avengers set new box office records.
While I blatantly disagree with their pricing practices on movie tickets, streaming, DVDs, BlueRays and their mean tactics towards RedBox and NetFlix their industry is not DEAD.
As for personal liberties all this Internet communication and open info seems to be eroding and destroying more despots and governments (Hussein, Ghadafi, Osama) faster than the less advanced technology let us do, because cockroaches hate the light, and bringing government and police injustices to light in days and weeks that use to take years to correct because people can express outrage and concerns viraly and the government suppression is a LOT harder when people can use proxy servers, etc. I feel more free because individuals tend to be able to use fast moving technological advantages faster than large bureaucratic institutions hold meetings and committees to exploit this the individuals already use it to flank and protect themselves.
But as these statements make obvious I am an optimist.
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Just Murray <krismurray@gmail.com> wrote:
Charging as much for a digital download as for a DVD with extras Abd a physical copy? That's buttheads ! Suing instead of competing? That's buttheads. They've fallen victim to the ad agencies. They're also proving Netflix out of business. I wouldn't doubt it of they are conspiring with Comcast to corner the content market again.Capitalism killed communism in the 80s. Capitalism killed democracy in the 90s. I'm pretty sure it's also killed the entertainment industry in the 00s. All thats left I'd personal liberties and they're eroding faster than a sandy beach by the river!
__._,_.___
.
__,_._,___