Re: [iPad] note taking

 

Sounds like you have two good respected stylus and I know you have excellent apps. I have two of the 3 -NS and NT HD. Both work well with my finger or a stylus. So am guessing you are not 'holding your mouth right". Relax. This is different from a pencil or ballpoint. Maybe more like a fountain pen or art paint brush. Easy, flowing.

Pick one of your apps, I find Noteshelf especially easy to write on, and just practice, practice. Draw on it, big sweeping lines with your finger. See where it starts after you put your finger down. Some programs, often art ones are famous for a lag or line offset. You have to learn how the program works for you. Write big in the big boxes below. Tiny is harder for the screen to register.

Once that is working well go to the Targus. Stylus work by a small connective charge (probably not the right terms) from your finger. So you/finger must be connected to the stylus in a way for the charge to get to the screen. Try holding differently, in other ways. Remember your penmanship classes from grade school. Don't hold tight, tight.

I sometimes have problems with my finger or stylus. Don't know if my fingers or the iPad is too cold. I do have some nerve damage but don't know that's an issue. Try a different finger, different hand. what works consistently?

Get one of the free art or drawing apps and practice there too.

If the fingers work and the stylus don't, either a finger holding connective problem by you or it is possible both stylus are broken inside so the connection is broken. Make sense?

Let us know what you learn.

On May 24, 2012, at 4:09 PM, Pinny <pinnyfb@gmail.com> wrote:

 

Hello iPad users! Can someone tell me if I am I doing something wrong? I am trying to find a way to take long notes on my iPad 2. I have tried 3 different apps...Noteshelf, Note Take HD and Penultimate. I have tried them with two different stylus...the Bamboo Stylus and the Targus Stylus, both of which I got at Best Buy.  I can't get anything less than a frustrating experience with them.
 
In all three applications and using either stylus, what I write does not take all the time (meaning there is nothing there but blank white even though I just wrote on it) or sometimes it will show up and then immediately dissappear. It skips a lot of the time and sometimes wants to scroll the page rather than write for me. I have tried hard pressing, light pressing, holding the stylus in all different ways and even turning it to see if it better on one side or another.  With everything I have tried, it just appears that note taking is not a good experience.
 
Is this common or am I doing something wrong? Any advise will be appreciated as I have spent money on these apps and styli trying to resolve this but more importantly, I need it to work close to the same as taking notes with pad and pen. Any suggestions?
Thanks,

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___