Re: [iPad] calling the us from abroad with Skype

 

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Julie

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Vixpix <vixpix26@hvc.rr.com> wrote:
 

Julie,

My friend called me on Skype when he went to England, and he said he dialed 001 before my phone number. 

Vickie  

Sent from a spoiled little iPad  


On May 31, 2012, at 11:22 AM, Julia Mavity-Hudson <julie.mavity@gmail.com> wrote:

 

I plan to use Skype on my iPad to call home when I travel to Scandinavia in a couple of weeks. I will be calling my husband the Luddite and so will be calling the land line phone or his cell phone. I have already signed up with Skype and signed up for calling regular phones and given them money. So my ignorant question is, when I get there, how do I do it? All the info I have found on their website is for calling other countries from the US. I saw on a forum a complaint from someone who couldn't call when they were in Mexico and it turns out it was because they weren't putting in their country code, but others said they didn't have to. So when I am in Denmark and Norway, do I just choose US on the dropdown menu and type in the area code and number? Or do I put in 1+ the area code and number or do I put in 011 or what?
Thanks,
Julie


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___