Re: [iPad] iPad 4G issues

 

On 3/29/2012 9:15 PM, Jim Saklad wrote:
>>> Were you aware at the time that, if you are outside of a Verizon 4G market, and you get to use 3G, that Verizon's 3G is slower than ATT's?
>>
>> Verizon has better coverage so what would you rather want? Good coverage or speed?
>> Pete
>
> Both, thank you.
>
> I look at the maps.
>
> If I knew I would be spending a lot of time in an area where AT&T coverage was spotty, but Verizon coverage was good, I would sacrifice speed for having *some* connectivity.
>
> If I knew I would be mostly in areas with equally good coverage from both systems, I would opt for the one with the faster speeds.
>

And why they can't both cover all the same areas is beyond me as well --
why can't the FCC force all cellular companies to use the same towers
around the country, the way that each independent telephone company one
may select doesn't have to run its own telephone wires to your house.

Build a national cellular grid that covers everybody, like the electric
grid and the old fashioned pre-cellular telephone grid, and force
everybody to play nicely with everybody else and actually compete on
features and price like a fair and truly free marketplace ought to be doing.

But then I also believe in the tooth fairy and happy endings. . .

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___