Re: [iPad] Screen protectors

 

On 1/31/2011 9:19 AM, Alan wrote:
> Do people use screen protectors and are they necessary to purhcase?
> I'm getting my new ipad this week and I'm worried about scratches
> to the glass.
>

I will second what Lloyd and Terry have said. I bought my iPad in early
December and bought a screen protector with it. I installed it and
started using the iPad and thought that the screen just didn't look as
good as the ads. Then I realized it was probably the screen protector,
and removed it and voila, the screen was clear as a bell and the colors
were vivid once again.

Additionally, I noticed a big improvement in response to my touches
without the screen protector -- even though the screen protector I
bought was designed for the iPad and it did transmit my touches through
to the real screen, there was a bit of a lag which was just enough to be
a bother.

Keep a micro-fiber cloth handy and wipe the screen clean whenever it
gets too full of finger prints to be useful.

In 7 weeks of usage (including by my 2 college age kids and my 7 year
old niece and my brother in law) there isn't a single scratch at all.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___